Saturday, July 26, 2008

"One, don't mess with the radio. Two, don't tell me which way to go. Three, just leave it up to me cause. Four, you riding with a pro"

First off thanks to Nivea for those inspirational words. Secondly here is my radio idea.

When told to take a new direction in class I went for an outdoor theme. I started to do the abstract forms that you see with that octopus-like arms and the sun centre surrounded by a cloud and then i realized that the tentacle speakers was a rediculous idea, took a pandadol and was done with it.

I began to play with the idea of plants since it was outdoor themed, smart eh? I drew a sunflower with the speaker as the flower centre, whilst the speaker cabling runs throught the stem and into the pot which has all the electronics. I played around with the speaker face and had an idea for the petals to close inwards to protect it from the harsh elements i.e. your sister soaking you with the garden house because you were being a smart arse.

I then did a sketch of a far simpler, almost minimalist design of the radio, incorporating the petal idea previously mentioned. It has a large trapezium shaped speaker in the first idea and triangular in the second, LCD display and different tuning knobs on both designs.

Anyways I better get going as I'm going to go to Southland and play videogames before work, yes what a sad and simple life I live *fake cries, "I want my mummy", *drinking vodka from the bottle*, etc

- Chris

_________________________________________________________________
Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT

4 comments:

Student Contributor said...

i really like the tentacle speaker idea.. maybe the user could move them in the direction they want for better sound? (if that wasn't your idea already) it would probably be possible if you just had like two fat tentacles rather then many? i also think the closing flower centre thing is good, protecting the speaker is good for the longevity of the product(obviously).the opening of the flower also makes the whole radio experience more dramatic and fun..cooleh!
phoebe .L

Student Contributor said...

i like the flower idea, i think its cool how it opens to reveal the radio. You could even try putting the speakers on the petals some how to reveal six speakers surrounding the screen / buttons / etc. I think that could look very cool, would have to work out whether it was possible first though. I would like to see some development on the flower idea though.

- Ryan

Student Contributor said...

Your design is nice. Your co-curricular comments are a bit weird!

Student Contributor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.