Saturday, September 6, 2008

Measuring Fear




Well, i changed my topic this week. Now I'm measuring fear. So there are people want to measure fear such as extreme sports players or maybe scary movie maker. My product is something that you can hold in your hand and it should fit it perfectly and it has motion sensors inside (something like wii remote), and it can record the reactions when the user is fear such as shaking or sweating. Also i wanna add some more function into this product maybe a camera or something. Hopefully i will get more ideas next week=]

Nancy M

3 comments:

Student Contributor said...

Hey way cool idea. The motion sensor is pretty clever, coz you can sense someone jump when they get a fright. I reckon you should have some sort of pressure sensor in the handle as well. We've all gotten freaked out and grabbed tightly on something. The railing on a rollercoaster, a weapon, somebody bigger than you. Perhaps with the camera you could also measure how white someones face is! I thought about using that for my pain meter.

Student Contributor said...

from WILL

Robbie said...

Nancy, I think that adding a camera or other auxillary device would not be a good idea, because you are actually making the product less desirable for the marketplace - this logic does not apply to all products but most. It works for phones, but remember that phones have connectivity, screens, batteries - the components that cameras also have.

I think keeping it simple would be a good idea. Also, how does it tell the user how scared they are?

-Robbie