Saturday, September 6, 2008

Measuring Busyness

So here is my first finished concept of my Busy Buoy, device which measures busyness. I've decided to measure the attribute via a point system where office movements and sound spikes constitute point increments which can be weighed differently per the indiduval. The product is made up of a desktop unit and door/wall mount.

In My Next Idea: I plan to measure busyness via physical or emotive actions. As busyness is dependent on workload and time, i plan to use the speed and/or force of certain hands actions to provide a medium to measure or gauge a person busyness.

Daniel Dob.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

The idea of measuring by the ambient envrionment is interesting - I'm glad you mentioned it will take some calibration, but this is a good solution for how we actually measure this. One question - sometimes when I'm really busy, it's oh..so..quiet, how will you deal with this?

-Robbie