Saturday, October 11, 2008

"If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again" - Aaliyah

Hi all
 
So my model is still developing. Overall I have chosen my materials. Wood face, rubber and foam strap. The lights will be vac forming unless Clarck Rubber has some great clear flexible tubing. My buckle will most likely be velcro as this is a simpler mechanism than a buckle or magnetic adjust. Overall size is still a bit big. I think if I curve the edge of the face to fit the hand it will be much more ergonomic and the band will follow the shape thus wrapping around your arm/ankle better.
 
Btw those worksafe adds are freaking me out especially when that girl slices her finger and it looks like a Kill Bill outake.
 
Ciao everyone


3 comments:

Student Contributor said...

Hey sorry can't remember who's design this is, but looking good so far. It's a watch of some sort I'm guessing; associated with heart rate to reach a measurement? Anyway, you were saying that velcro is the easiest option for the buckle but, just make sure that if you have a buckle in your original design that you make the velcro attachment look like a buckle. How thick is the foam strap, will it fit around someone's wrist comfortably or does it tend to kink as it wraps around? if so, maybe check clark rubber anyway I'm sure they'd have some dense yet flexible rubber. Keep up the good work though and looking forward to seeing your final product.

Jonathon

Student Contributor said...

Ah its by Chris, sorry!

Student Contributor said...

"Overall I have chosen my materials. Wood face, rubber and foam strap." The strap is foam and rubber!