Saturday, August 30, 2008

Project direction

My initial ideas after reading the brief have been to try and create mind maps of potential problems that could be measured. So I tried coming up with potential problems in our society such as pollution and other dangers but these did not really get me that excited.


Then I thought about something I am passionate about 'Travel', so then I identified many different problems that can occur while traveling, such as measuring the danger level of an area and comfort level while travel or enjoyment level. Then I thought about another passion of mine, food. I then combined these two and thought that to an unknowing traveler, the food in another country could be a big threat in terms of making them ill, seriously ill or even potentially death. So I thought a very good solution to this problem could be a devise that measures the temperature, bacteria level and other potential things in food that could make someone sick.

This devise would be very discreet to use and also compact in order to be easily carried while traveling. My ideas then started branching out even further to other potential uses for this product such as a devise used by food safety officers to check the unseen hygiene in a kitchen. It could also be used by campers to check the food they are cooking on the fire is properly cooked and even around the house by mothers worrying about their children's environments and food they are consuming.



Paul P



Find out: SEEK Salary Centre Are you paid what you're worth?

No comments: