Friday, August 29, 2008

My idea

My First idea for the project:

 

-         A device that measures your accuracy of playing songs on Keyboard and/or other musical instruments

 

As a keyboard player myself sometimes I wish I had a device to tell me if I am playing in time or not. I use a metronome whilst playing however sometimes it can be hard to tell if I am playing in time or not and at the same time read the music properly and hit the right notes. It would be cool to have a device that can give the player a measured rating of how well they played a particular song. It will be a helpful learning tool for students while practicing at home without their teacher there to tell them if they played in time properly or not.

 

How this idea will work:

 

Input: you type in the tempo and time signature of the music and the microphone records the song as you play.

 

Result: when you play it records the audio, converts to digital, and then it will quantize the audio to your set tempo and time signature and then give you a grading of how well you did.

 

-Marisa



with mobile Hotmail SMS alerts  Win a Nokia E51

No comments: