Saturday, August 30, 2008

Project 2

After spending some time trying to figure out what I could possibly measure, I came up with the idea of measuring anxiety levels. Through my research I've found many ways to tell if anxiety is a problem for someone. I've decided to create a handheld product that would measure heart rate, trembling, sweat, and muscle tenseness. This would all be measured with simply holding the product.

Rather than answering a lot of questions from quizzes or doctors, which may increase levels of anxiety, this product would tell the user ways they could relax depending on how intense their anxiety is at the moment. This product will hopefully make the user aware of when their anxiety levels are rising and ways to cope with them before they get out of hand or become a panic attack.

Emily C

1 comment:

Student Contributor said...

Hey Emily, wow tjis is a really cool concept and I'm also measuring anxiety as a side effect of impatience. I really like the idea of having the handheld device tell you ways to calm down based on anxiety levels. How are you planning on measuring heart rate and muscle tension from the hand though? Are you going to have a plug in feature to do this? Anyways this concept has a lot of potential and I think the function wouldn't have to be very complicated either.
Best of luck with it.

Jonathon