Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stress-o-meter

Hey Guys, this is my final concept design for my stress meter. it is very similar to the one in which i pinned up in class however i have further investigated how the device will interact with the user. These include a speaker located on top of the device in which will deliver sound to the user to outline the level of stress he or she is experiencing. this would be nothing more then a ringing sound in which will be faster or slower indicating there stress levels. Also how the device is activated or turned on. This design will not have an 'on or off' button but rather will be 'touch sensitive' and will be activated when FULLY grasped by the human hand and will show this through 'led lighting' around the top of it and at the sensors. Having it activate once fully grasped will eliminate problems with it turning on unexpectadly in ones bag or when not in use.
 
- Kieran J.


Play now to win prizes for you and your friends! Are you a friend magnet?

2 comments:

Student Contributor said...

Hey Kieran
I don’t think I saw your presentation (probably in the other class) but I just remembered (I think) Lisa is doing stress as well so you two might want to brain storm and refine ideas. I reckon the hand in the illustration is really under hell a lot of stress there ;) lol
When I first saw the picture it reminded me of electrical shavers (especially with the grill on top) so you might ant to have a look at the contour design of some of the sleek shavers out there. You might run into some problem with the grip… from past experience this studio class and everyone in it are pretty sensitive towards finger grips plus I recall Robbie telling me that the grip surfaces are moving towards the abstract shapes which accommodate different grip sizes/shapes of the users.
Jeff

Student Contributor said...

Hey kieran
Do you think a ringing sound to indicate stress would be the best choice for an output as it might become annoying and just create more stress. Maybe explore different methods of ouput, perhaps a lighting to signal stress levels?...something more pleasant for the user.
I would imagine a ringing sound that got gradually faster the more stressed u became might drive someone insane.. lol but then again you and i might have different definitions of 'Ringing'
Good job so far and good luck.
-Kyle