Friday, September 12, 2008

Final concept for project 2

Hey guys this is my final (hopefully) concept.

The idea is a combination of the glove and the watch. the user wears the fabric band around their wrist, much like a watch. measurements are taken from the underside of the wrist and then the output is displayed to the user via a small screen on top of the wrist. I think that for this type of product the design needs to have an option for either gender so i've tried to cater for both by varying the outer fabric and screen size slightly.

Sorry if the picture is on the side but i couldn't find a way to fix it! Would love to hear your ideas!!

Grace

2 comments:

Student Contributor said...

Hey Grace...the design is looking good. Glad u narrowed the concept down a little. I like the options for both genders, might need a bit more work just on the aesthetics, buts its all good!

Jessica

Student Contributor said...

Hey there
It would have been slightly useful if you told us what you are measuring again… (I just noticed that I haven’t done this in my post either 8D ). Well I couldn’t agree with Jessica more, the idea of gathering data for a wide variety of things from the wrist is pretty solid (assuming what you are looking for is somehow there in the first place). Again the illustrations are sideways which doesn’t help but they were pretty much in the preliminary stages and didn’t convey much. I think the idea of a glove or wrist band collecting the input is pretty cool and convenient for the user thou, so good on you and good luck with the rest of it
Jeff