Saturday, August 16, 2008

Refined Radio Design.

I haven't started work on my final radio model yet, but here are some of my final design drawings. Some changes i have made from my initial design are the size of the screen, i have made it bigger. I have also added two buttons, one for power on/of and one for changing from AM to FM stations. I have also changes some of the curvature in the body of the unit. I plan to make my final model from multiple pieces of foam unlike my first model. This will help me to make it more accurate and symmetrical. I may even turn the speakers on the lathe.

Tim.

4 comments:

Student Contributor said...

Hey tim! Just browsing and saw your post pop up. The exploded view is quite detailed, very well done as to the rendering.

You might want to consider using photoshop (i think we are allowed) for the rendering just to smoothen out the colours but either than that, job well done

- Chris

Student Contributor said...

Hi Tim, I really like your exploded view(drawing) It is nice and clean!!

I agree with Chris, using some photoshop is not a bad idea~

-Lisa

Student Contributor said...

very nice tim~!

love the exploded view man
haha very detailed ~ especially the center board >>>

from wot i heard from robbie was just draw a rough version of the center board and show where it will be located . . .
hopefully he won't change his mind on that otherwise its gonna be > starting again for me zzzz

and for the rendering ... hmmm i think robbie wants hand rendering ~~ as in with marker rather then computer rendering...

maybe u could edit abit after rendering it on paper first with PS
:S

- beichen

Robbie said...

Thought I should clarify - for renderings and drawings all the work is to be done by hand. The idea is to help you (force you?) to develop your hand drawing and rendering skills.

All hand drawings please, rendered, sketches, and exploded views. No photoshop touch-ups.