Saturday, August 16, 2008

Radio 2.0

Hi all
 
So after last weeks disaster, I began work on my second model. This is still very rough, with mismatching sections and so forth but i wanted to work on getting the overall shape and moving parts. I think the appearance is getting there, I just need to be more accurate and close the gaps. I used paper to act as the hinges for the petals, to which they work quite well, it's just that there a bit of an eyesore so I may use coloured paper or inster the them in the foam itself to minimize their appearance.
 
The interface will be printed on for the cleanest results
 
Can't wait to get it all done and hoping for the best, good luck to everyone else
 
- Chris
 
 


Find out: SEEK Salary Centre Are you paid what you're worth?

2 comments:

Student Contributor said...

o nice~~
so it actually folds in does it?
nice work.

i still need to somehow make my one close and opens >.> just hopefully i don't stuff it up haha

but yeah nice work Chris can see a lot of thoughts and work put into your model just to make it work ~ the overall form seems alright ~ so yeah should be all goood :D

- Beichen

Student Contributor said...

It looks like you've been putting a lot of work into making the model actually work. It's really starting to look good, but I see the problem with the paper. If the paper ends up being too noticeable, it may be better to just do two models, one with the radio closed, and one with it opened. I hope the colored paper will look good with the piece.

Good luck,
Emily C