Friday, September 26, 2008

____________________________(Insert title here)

Hi all
 
I feel a bit weird not posting anything new but as that what was assigned for this week I shal follow suit. I just jazzed up my model with a bit of mother nature loving in the backdrop. Juicy eh? Da dooom chiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...
 
Anyways from this weeks discussion I have learnt that:
 
- My overall shape is going along well
- It needs to be less baulky
- I'm aiming to make it out of a combination of fabric and rubber for the band and wood for the interface. As for the lights maybe wood or some sort of plastic not too sure how to contruct the tube lights, any ideas? I was thinking of those glowstick (laughs) that wrap around your wrist because thats the shape im looking for.j
- I have to think of some sort of buckle system. At first was thinking magnetic. Now this could still work but would contain too many magnets for different sizes thus making it a tad complex. I was thinking a simple buckle in the lines of a watch.
 
Anyways have a good breakmeaningdoinghomeworkwhilstwishingyouweregoingtothebeach.
 
And go Victoria, I think they will bring home the AFL premiership tommorrow. I put 50 bucks on them to win.
 
Anyways (pt.2) have a good one
 
- Chris


Find great deals on eBay Net yourself a bargain

2 comments:

Student Contributor said...

hi supz Chris.
love the design and concept idea of your measuring device.

i think for the form or shape of your device could be more smooth as in a more simple and organic shape.
like what you've said "less bulky"
i think you should round of the side creating some sort of radius and blend in the component by sanding it ~ therefore lesser shaper edges around your device.

lol hope u get wot i meant
anywaiz great work~!


Beichen.

Robbie said...

Chris, you could look for round things to use as the basis for the band - I'm thinking large radius PVC pipe or something. It''' make the job easier, and it can be painted and sanded to look however you like!

-Robbie