Friday, September 26, 2008

changes to model

Since I will be in New Zealand all next week, I'm posting next week's blog now. I haven't had time to start work on a second model, but I have done quite a bit of drawings and decided on a new look for my model. This model is still going to be handheld, but since it only needs to be held for short amounts of time, I played a little more with the design. My second model also needs to be larger than my first in order to fit into more people's hands and fit all of the measuring components.

Emily C

2 comments:

Student Contributor said...

Hi there

So for this revised shape. The bottom part will incorporate the interface using the lights that you mentioned in the old design? Are you still using the bands?

I really like the idea of the bands because, yeah when your anxious you tend to move your fingers and to have something to interact with to calm you down is a great incentive. Really reminds me of the worry beads (classy metal cylindrical ones) i got when i was over in Greece a few years back. They have the same principles as the bands you presented.

Anyways this is coming along well, have fun in NZ!

- Chris

Student Contributor said...

Hey,

The model you made showed a really good indication of the form and funciton of the object. Well done!

Be careful of the wieght distribution in this model, you wouldn't want it to become too top heavy as it might make it uncomfortable.

Having the battery, (is it battery powered?) in the bottom would make a huge difference.

Laura.