Friday, August 8, 2008

model

I had the same problem I am sure many other people had with not being able to use the studio on Thursday or Friday this week. I therefore began cutting away the inside of my bag by hand. Though this process was messy, through it I found that my bag will have more room than I anticipated. One of my pictures shows that even though the inside is not all cut out, a phone will easily fit inside, along with the few other basic essentials one may wish to carry. One of the photos I took shows how the flap will close the bag. The clasp, which I will eventually cut out of foam, controls the volume and tuning of the radio.

Emily C

2 comments:

Student Contributor said...

I love this idea Em. despite the fact that it does look a little bit messy i can see the direction you are going and i think that its a really cool idea and handy to be able to carry essentials such as a mobile phone with you as you listen to the radio. however i can see how you have used the lathe to cut out the round shape, do you think this could be refind to a more ergonomically suitable grip??

-Kieran J.

Student Contributor said...

Looks good Emily.I looked back to last week to see what your idea stemed from, i think what you have arrived at now is a much better solution than a radio disguised as a bag. I think its a great idea having storage space inside its shell, very handy indeed as kieran said. Great stuff.

Jason T