Saturday, August 9, 2008

FOAM MOCK UP: CLICK RADIO



Hey guys this is a foam mock up model of my chosen concept for my clicking transistor radio. The speaker design was a bit too complex so i just pasted an image of the speaker itself (to scale) on the front. Basically the mock up is pretty spot on in terms of the buttons and functions. I drilled a hole through the main body once i'd turned it on the lathe and then cut it into two pieces inserting a nail through the middle which allows them to turn, as I had envisioned for my tuning. Pieces also slide apart for volume control. Ergonomically the model is very successful and fits in the palm naturally, however I've noticed that station preference 1 button is a bit of a reach for the thumb.


Jonathon

1 comment:

Student Contributor said...

hi jonathan, i like ur mock up.
it looks good and i like how you put the detail on it.
even though its just with pen but atleast it gives us the idea how it will looks like and what feature that the radio had.

-yani-