Sunday, October 12, 2008

THIS IS TESTING MY PATIENCE!!!


Really sorry about the late post robbie and co. Had a great deal of trouble with my internet last night and couldn't get it working until earlier this morning. Anyway as you can see I have made slight progress with my model, but sanding 36 blocks so that they are exactly the same is pretty tedious and time consuming so I have still got a fair bit of work to do. Hope to be in the workshop tommorow finishing sanding down my last 12 cubes and then start drilling the holes through them. The base dock shouldn't be too hard to make. Just two seperate pieces of wood sanded and glued together. For the buttons I'm thinking of purchasing some coloured rubber, cutting it out and sticking it onto the base corners. For the LED display the simplest option is to use plastic as I did in my mock up model. Oh and seeing as I couldn't employ the magnetic effect I reckon I'm gonna vac form a clear case for the finished game block which will sit over the 36 assembled blocks and keep them in place.  Thanks guys

Jonathon

No comments: